Before You Apply:
Thank you for considering Positive Tails in your pet’s time of need. We hope we are able to be of assistance to you and your animal family. We have established the procedures listed below to help guide you as you decide if Positive Tails will work for you and your pet. Please review our procedures carefully.
Follow the steps below to apply for assistance:
Complete and return the application (email, in-person, or fax – listed on application) along with the following documents FOR ALL ADULTS LIVING IN THE HOUSEHOLD (unless during an emergency situation wherein application decisions will be made without back-up documentation):
- Veterinary Estimate
One of the following:
- Copy of last year’s tax return filed with the IRS, or
- Proof of Unemployment, Social Security or Disability income, if applicable, or
- 3 months of current bank statements
PLEASE NOTE: If we review your documents and there are missing components, this will increase the time-frame of approving your application.
Any pictures or other documents submitted to Positive Tails assistance will not be returned. Please ensure that you have made copies of all documentation prior to sending.
You will not be considered for assistance if any of the following conditions apply:
- You have already had services rendered prior to applying for assistance
- You have applied for, and been approved for Care Credit and ScratchPay in excess of the estimated cost of procedure.
- You have another option available to you to assist with payment such as family, friend, pet insurance, credit card, etc.
- Signs of animal abuse that are the cause of the animal’s illness or injuries
- Injuries/illnesses that are the result of gross negligence on the part of the client.
- Injuries/illnesses that are the result of surgically altering your animal for unnecessary reasons (declawing of cats, clipping dog’s ears/tails, debarking, etc.)
Grants are subject to the discretion of the Board of Directors, funds available and procedures outlined in the application guidelines.
Below are the requirements for funding approval:
- Your pet is required to be spayed or neutered to be considered for a Positive Tails grant. You must agree to have this procedure completed at the time of the treatment you are requesting the grant for, or if your pet is not of age or stable enough, to come back within three months to complete this requirement at the expense of Positive Tails. Failure to do so will result in the transfer of the entire veterinary bill to your name, and you will be required to refund the funding supplied to you by Positive Tails and VERG of Brooklyn.
- The illness, injury or condition must be a treatable, yet urgent, condition with a good prognosis following treatment.
- The family will be required to pay the balance of cost that exceeds Positive Tails funding levels. If this is not possible, an agreement between the veterinary hospital and client should be arrived at, which would be separate from obligations Positive Tails has agreed to.
Once your completed application with supporting paperwork is received, it will be sent to our Granting Committee for review. The Granting Committee will make the final decision on approval or denial of your application, and will decide the funding amount. Positive Tails typically has a response within 24 hours of submitting an application to our Granting Committee.
If Positive Tails is unable to help your animal at this time, please see this list of alternative funding options as provided by the Humane Society of the United States.
Any questions regarding our grant process can be directed to Beth Gould or Erica Kubersky, Grants Administrators, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a critical emergency with your pet after non-profit business hours, please contact Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group (VERG) of Brooklyn at 718-522 9400 (t) and 718-522-9755 (f) for VERG at 196 4th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217, or the nearest veterinary hospital to your location.