Salvadore was rushed to VERG Brooklyn for lethargy and tachypnea (rapid breathing).

When collecting his history, his medical team learned that the other dog in the house had been exposed to rat poison and it was clear that Sal had too. After scouring their own home and the park where they normally take their dogs, it was finally discovered that it happened while they were visiting the home of a friend (who didn’t even realize there was poison on her property).

Salvadore has made a full recovery – please check with your building, landlord, etc about how they use poison to avoid more cases like this!